PrestaMan – free tool for managing products and categories in Prestashop
PrestaMan is a free tool for Prestashop that allows you to manage your categories and to arrange the products inside them. It is using direct connection to your MySQL server (currently only MySQL is supported). It does not make any changes to your Prestashop Store’s files or settings. It makes changes only to your Prestashop’s database.
Basically with PrestaMan you are able to:
1. Navigate through categories, filter and select products
2. Sort your products by name, reference, manufacturer, category, price and weight. Filter products by reference, product name, product name, category name, manufacturer name
3. Move many products simultaneously (also known as mass products update, batch products move, group update) into pre-selected category
4. Set the weight of many products (batch / mass / group product weight update)
5. Update the price of many products (batch / mass / group product price update) by % increase or decrease.
5. Edit Category’s name, description, link-rewrite, meta title, meta keywords, meta description with few clicks
In order to connect to your MySQL server you may need to:
1. Allow external connections for your MySQL server;
2. Create a new user with password for your MySQL (recommended)
3. Allow the external access (access from internet) of your MySQL user
When running PrestaMan you must provide your MySQL host, username and password. You can test if your MySQL database settings are correct and the MySQL user has the necessary access rights by clicking ‘Connect’ button. If you cannot succeed please check with your web hosting providers for details.
After Connecting successfuly to your MySQL server you must choose the database of your store. If the database is recognized as Prestashop database you should be able to select the language of your store. Then if you wish you can enter the URL of your store in order for the tool to download your product thumbnails. You can skip this option.
Then click Finish and voila:
Please have in mind that this tools is in beta version. By using it you agree that the author is providing it for free and is not responsible for any damage or data loss that might be caued by using PrestaMan.
Please make sure that you made a full backup of your store’s database before using PrestaMan. Since the tool is provided for free there is no official support provided for it.
It was tested with Prestashop 1.4 only. Bi-lingual and multi-lingual stores were not tested!
If you find it useful please feel free to support the future releases.
PrestaMan 1.0 Beta: Download
Requirements: Windows XP SP3 or later with Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 or Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 Client Profile or later installed – Download
PrestaMan installation will ask you to install it automatically
Windows XP versions older than Service Pack 3 may need also to install Windows Imaging Component (WIC) update – Download
This 4.0 version of .NET Framework is required by the MySQL .NET Connector module. Sorry about that. If you have any installations issues please let us know.
PrestaMan is adware/spyware/malware free.